Real Madrid News
Real Madrid rival Barcelona, Chelsea for midfield prodigy with 29 goal-contributions
Real Madrid have reportedly entered the race to sign Dynamo Kyiv attacking midfielder Arsen Zakharyan, who is also a transfer target for both Barcelona and Chelsea.
This claim comes from SPORT, who state that despite the interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona, Chelsea are leading the race to sign the 19-year-old prospect.
Zakharyan joined the Dynamo Kyiv youth academy in 2017 and has since progressed rapidly, making his senior debut for the Russian outfit in 2020 at the age of 17 years.
To date, the teenager has accumulated 55 appearances for Dynamo Moscow and has been directly involved in 29 goals (13 goals, 16 assists). A central attacking midfielder primarily, Zakharyan has also been used out wide on the left occasionally.
Chelsea showed serious interest in the four-time capped Russian international during the summer transfer window and came very close to signing him. However, the move fell through due to some technical problems.
Zakharyan spoke about the collapsed transfer recently and insisted that he hoped to complete the move in January.
“There was an offer, but it just didn’t work out. You probably know the reasons,” he told Sport-Express. “How could I refuse? Of course, I agreed. I hope everything will be fine. Maybe in January.”
Judging by his words, Zakharyan has his heart set on a transfer to Chelsea. Whether Real Madrid can convince him to decide otherwise and join them will be interesting to see.
It could prove to be a difficult task, though, considering the plethora of midfield options that Carlo Ancelotti already has at his disposal. Not to forget prospects like Reinier Jesus, who is out on loan, and Sergio Arribas, who has been brilliant for Real Madrid Castilla.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.