Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid target Haaland approves Manchester City move

Published

on

Photo by DANIEL ROLAND/AFP via Getty Images

Erling Haaland has been one of Real Madrid’s prime transfer targets for the summer, alongside Kylian Mbappe. However, unlike the French international, whose move is almost finalised, the Borussia Dortmund player was stuck in a dilemma between two options.

Real Madrid and Manchester City had placed similar economic proposals on the table for the Norwegian. The only difference, however, was the sporting project.

According to reports from The Athletic, Haaland has given Manchester City the green light for his signing in what is a groundbreaking decision. Though the move is far from complete, it is the beginning of the end of Haaland’s transfer saga.

The move cannot be said to be completed until the player’s €75 million release clause is officially triggered. Moreover, the payment to Dortmund and the details of the contract are two steps that will take considerable time.

The English side are silent over any possible agreement with the player. When Pep Guardiola was recently asked about Haaland’s signing, he said, “No, answer to your question.”

Last week, it was revealed that the player’s agent and his father demanded close to €50 million as a commission for his signing. That was regarded as the factor stalling the transfer talks.

Though City were initially reluctant to pay the same, it seems that a middle ground has been reached between the two parties. The player’s personal preference has finally been revealed, but it would be foolish to write Real Madrid out of the race already.

Haaland has scored 18 goals and provided seven assists in just 17 league starts this season. He averages a key pass every ninety minutes and has been one of the best strikers in Europe this season, yet again.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Key Real Madrid defender still not 100% fit ahead of Club World Cup semi-final – report

Published

on

Carlo Ancelotti heads into the FIFA Club World Cup in a pressure cooker situation. The pressure on the manager’s shoulders is immense, for his job could be on the line after Real Madrid’s poor run of form.

The injury situation does not favour the Italian tactician either. Lucas Vazquez, Ferland Mendy, Karim Benzema, Eder Militao and even Thibaut Courtois are out of the semi-final against Al Ahly, leaving him very few options to play with.

According to reports from Jorge C Picon, David Alaba too is not completely fit yet. The Austrian International was given the medical all-clear and entered the squad for Real Madrid’s game against Mallorca, yet started on the bench as he was not at 100%, and that remains the case ahead of tonight’s clash.

The report, however, adds that his mere inclusion in the squad comes as a breather for Ancelotti. Alaba is highly valued by the technical staff, not only for his reading of the game on the field but also for his leadership.

The defender has already missed seven games for Los Blancos since sustaining a muscular injury against Villarreal at La Ceramica. He did indeed come off the bench for under half an hour against Mallorca, but will likely not be risked to start on Thursday. 

In his absence, Nacho Fernandez and Antonio Rudiger are expected to take centre stage in defence in Morocco. Eduardo Camavinga, meanwhile, could start as left-back again.

Alaba has played 17 games for Los Blancos this season and was one of the players with the most minutes until his injury. In his league campaign so far, he has scored one goal and provided three assists while also averaging a key pass every ninety minutes.

It remains to be seen if the Austrian recovers completely in time for the Club World Cup final should the European Champions make it. As it stands, using a cautious approach is in Real Madrid’s best interest.

Continue Reading