Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid target has not signed a new contract with current club at Los Blancos’ request

Published

on

Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images

Since last season, it has seemed clear that Real Madrid have a plan in place to reinstate a brand-new midfield, since the legendary trio of Casemiro, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric were not getting any younger.

Firstly, Eduardo Camavinga was signed from Rennes last year, as a versatile option in the middle of the park that could operate in both Kroos and Casemiro’s positions.

Then, his fellow countryman, Aurelien Tchouameni arrived as a successor for Casemiro, who was then allowed to leave the club to join Manchester United.

Jude Bellingham seems to be the name on Los Blancos’ lips, as the midfielder to perhaps operate in the Modric role, whilst also being malleable enough to function in any three of the positions in midfield.

As the rumours about a potential transfer increase day by day, a key reason highlights why a move remains a distinct possibility.

According to a report by MARCA, Real Madrid have told the England international not to renew his contract with Borussia Dortmund and the youngster is said to have kept his word.

The 19-year-old’s current deal with the Black an Yellows expires in 2025, which indicates that a contract extension would make it virtually impossible to depart the club.

The report claims that Bellingham wants to play for Real Madrid and the club are keeping tabs on every movement with regard to the teenager as he is their top target for the summer of 2023.

It is further claimed that Los Merengues have had their eyes on Bellingham before his move to Dortmund. And their good relationship with the German giants could make things easier as far as facilitating a transfer is concerned.

Recent reports indicated that Dortmund value Bellingham at a lofty €150 million. But the report adds that the figure quoted is very far from the real price.

Even them, Bellingham putting pen to paper on a new contract would make it unfeasible for Los Blancos to secure his services. And the youngster has kept his word by not signing a new deal with the Bundesliga outfit.

With Bellingham’s desire to take the next step in his burgeoning career being one of football’s worst-kept secrets, it would not be a surprise to discover he took Los Merengues’ advice and declined the chance to commit his long-term future in Germany.

After all, it doesn’t get much bigger and better than becoming a Real Madrid player.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Japeloen

    September 26, 2022 at 7:36 pm

    Sensing some Mbappe vibes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid closely following the progress of 19-year-old Brazilian centre-back

Published

on

Photo by ABDULMONAM EASSA/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid have made it a habit to identify and sign the best young talents from Brazil in recent times. The Merengues recently signed Endrick Felipe from Palmeiras, although the striker will join the club in 2024, once he turns 18 years old.

Now, according to journalist Bruno Andrade on UOL Esporte, Real Madrid have set their sights on 19-year-old Brazilian defender Robert Renan.

The teenage centre-half came through the ranks at Corinthians and went on to make 13 senior appearances for the Brazilian outfit. He left the club last month to sign for Russian giants Zenit St. Petersburg as part of the operation involving Yuri Alberto.

Renan is yet to make his debut for Zenit, but Real Madrid have had their eyes on the 19-year-old for a while now and have been closely following his progress and performances.

The teenage defender is currently a part of the Brazil U-20 team at the South American U-20 Championship in Colombia. And he has performed admirably in the tournament, featuring in each of his team’s five matches so far.

Renan’s performances in the U-20 Championship are said to have further piqued the interest of Real Madrid.

The report suggests that Los Blancos will continue keeping tabs on the young defender’s development at Zenit over the coming months.

With Nacho Fernandez’s contract expiring at the end of the season and Jesus Vallejo’s future uncertain as well, Real Madrid could use a defensive reinforcement in the summer to support Eder Militao, David Alaba and Antonio Rudiger.

Established players such as Josko Gvardiol have been linked with a move to the Bernabeu.

Renan, too, could be an option for Real Madrid in the summer. But, as things stand, the interest in the Brazilian is at a very nascent stage and the Merengues will continue to track his progress at Zenit, where his contract runs until 2028.

Continue Reading