Real Madrid have made their second move in the transfer market, completing the capture of Joselu. Although the club are yet to put out an official statement, the Espanyol forward is set to rejoin the team on a loan deal, which has an option-to-buy clause that can be activated.
Florentino Perez has recently confirmed the deal verbally, meaning Real Madrid now have some sort of option in the number nine slot, following the departures of Mariano Diaz and Karim Benzema, who agreed on a move to Al-Ittihad this summer.
Having scored 16 goals in La Liga this past season, many consider the signing of Joselu to be a masterstroke. But following the exit of Benzema, one would expect Real Madrid to sign a more proven individual, who can at least have the potential to replace Benzema.
However, according to Melchor Ruiz (h/t Madrid Universal), Real Madrid will not do so. As per the Spanish journalist, the Spanish giants have decided they will not make any moves in the transfer market. The club have decided they have enough numbers in the offensive unit and do not need to further reinforce their ranks.
Real Madrid are indeed banking on the services of Brazilian duo Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, both of who were on target in an international friendly against Guinea recently. They are also relying on the versatility of Brahim Diaz.
The former Man City playmaker is coming on the back of a successful three-year loan spell at AC Milan. His playmaking abilities, coupled with his productivity upfront could be useful for Real Madrid, the club believe.
In addition, Los Blancos have full faith in another striker in Alvaro Rodriguez, the youngster who made a mark in the first-team this past season and will be a fully-fledged member of the senior team next term.
It appears to be a costly but calculated move by Real Madrid, who are ready to save their funds this summer, knowing they might have a brilliant opportunity to sign Kylian Mbappe in the summer of 2024.
Real Madrid goalscorer played with a dislocated shoulder against Las Palmas
Journalist Arancha Rodriguez has claimed that Real Madrid forward Brahim Diaz played the Las Palmas game with a dislocation in his right shoulder, which actually happened last Sunday during the derby match against Atletico Madrid.
The news was later confirmed by the forward’s father, Sufiel Abdekalder, who told The Athletic, “Yes [he had dislocated shoulder], but we didn’t want it to be public. Our 100% focus was on the match.”
The former AC Milan loanee started his first game of the season and it was his goal that marked the beginning of Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over Las Palmas.
The 24-year-old was later replaced in the 57th minute but by then, the Los Blancos had already established a two-goal lead.
“I’m so proud, you can’t describe the feeling, it’s something unique. I can only thank the fans because I’ve had an incredible welcome. I’m very happy to be here and play for this badge,” the forward said after the game.
Special outing for Diaz
The Las Palmas game was the first time that Diaz started a game for Real Madrid.
The versatile attacking midfielder found himself among the five alterations made by Carlo Ancelotti following the disheartening derby performance against Atletico Madrid last Sunday, a game where Diaz was only introduced in the 70th minute.
The 24-year-old seized the opportunity with both hands, scoring the opening goal in what was a comfortable outing for the team.
Given the competition at hand, Diaz has been forced to settle for substitute appearances this season but fans have witnessed his unwavering dedication during this time.
The love he received from the Madrid supporters was shown when he was substituted during the second half.
While it is unlikely that his run in the first-team will continue, especially since Vinicius Jr. has now returned, the 24-year-old must continue to keep his head on the ground and work towards achieving the common goal this season.