Real Madrid have made four signings so far this summer in the form of Jude Bellingham, Fran Garcia, Joselu, and Arda Guler.
Bellingham’s arrival has generated a lot of excitement and naturally so, given the success he had at Borussia Dortmund over the past couple of seasons.
And, while Arda Guler arrived as a relatively unknown quantity, it appears that the 18-year-old is starting to create plenty of joy and enthusiasm within the club.
Indeed, as reported by journalist Rodra P, Real Madrid are very happy with the signing of Guler and believe that they have acquired a ‘generational talent’ for a relatively cheap fee.
Los Blancos paid €20 million in fixed fee to sign Guler from Fenerbahce with a variable component of €10 million also involved. In additions, there were commissions and signing bonuses shelled out as well.
Despite the investment made, Los Blancos are happy with what they spent on securing Guler’s services.
Guler has shown a lot of good things during the first week of his training with his new team. Those within the club say that the 18-year-old is not afraid to make mistakes and backs himself on the pitch.
“He [Arda] is not afraid to make mistakes. If he misses a pass because of his boldness, he will try it again in the next play.”
Having seen his quality on the ball and some of the goals he has scored in training over the past week, people at the club say: “He has incredible quality.”
At the same time, though, Real Madrid urge calmness and tranquility with Guler as there is a lot of hype being generated around the 18-year-old. Be that as it may, the Spanish capital outfit are very happy with their new man.
Real Madrid rising star suffered against Atletico due to veteran forward’s absence, says Simeone
Real Madrid’s 3-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid was not the first time were in trouble this season. In fact, the Merengues have gone behind early in almost every league game so far.
However, the difference on Sunday night was that they never really mounted a comeback. More importantly, Jude Bellingham did not come good, for the first time.
Simeone unravels the mystery
A jubilant Diego Simeone spoke to the media after his side downed Real Madrid by three goals to one and spoke about a plethora of topics.
Interestingly, he commented specifically on why Bellingham did not have an impact at Civitas Metropolitano, citing the absence of Joselu as a key factor.
“No, the spaces were reduced and I think that Joselu’s lack of presence left him with fewer chances to get there, when he takes advantage of Joselu’s aerial play. We controlled him better, he’s extraordinary,” he said, as quoted by AS.
He even called out the refereeing on the night and insisted that the Real Madrid star-boy should have seen red for his late tackle on Angel Correa, saying:
“It looked like a sending-off to me live, it was a hard leg up, with Angelito hitting the ball.”
Ironically, he defended his defender Jose Maria Gimenez for an equally threatening tackle on the night.
“A bad foul, it’s a yellow card because it goes sideways. Bellingham goes from the front and I think it’s a bit more,” he stated paradoxically.
No time to lament
The game at Civitas Metropolitano may not have gone Real Madrid’s way. Yet, it is good for the Merengues to taste defeat early and see the gaping holes in their dynamic.
Carlo Ancelotti admitted in his press conference that he bore the lion’s share of the fault for Sunday’s loss and that he would have done things differently if given the chance.
“Maybe I could have done it better. It’s pretty clear. When the team doesn’t do what it has to do, it’s my responsibility,” he stated.
Nevertheless, Los Blancos have a hectic schedule ahead with two games in the next five days and a UCL fixture against Napoli next week. With Vinicius Jr back, one hopes they find their mojo once again.