Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid will hand a one-year contract until 2025 to Carlo Ancelotti – report

Published

on

Photo by MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s future continues to be shrouded with an air of intrigue as the season has already reached its halfway point.

Brazil’s interest in hiring Ancelotti ahead of the 2024 Copa America has been no secret now. But despite strong links, the Italian has yet to give a verdict on his future or commit to any particular side.

Reports have previously stated that the Merengues will start renewal talks after the Spanish Super Cup, which will be held in Saudi Arabia and begin with Real Madrid taking on Atletico Madrid on the 10th of January.

Terms of new contract

Now, according to AS, Carlo Ancelotti’s new contract will run until June 30, 2025.

Lately, Real Madrid have been keen to extend Ancelotti’s contract beyond 2024 with a strong first half to the season, amidst a relentless storm of injuries, justifying to many why he is the right man to lead the project forward.

Los Blancos have endured depletions in all departments this season, but still maintain first place in the La Liga points table. Moreover, they qualified for the Champions League round of 16 with an unblemished record in the group stages.

Credit also goes to Ancelotti for allowing Jude Bellingham to be integrated so seamlessly, as he has been handed a free role.

With the success of this campaign so far kept in mind and the club’s ambitions moving forward, a one-year extension is perceived as a suitable offer for the four-time Champions League winner.

As of now, Ancelotti has not signed anything with the Brazilian federation, despite their repeated insistence.

However, time will tell which option appeals to him most and whether Madrid’s renewal offer ends up materializing.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Toni Kroos opens up on retirement decision – ‘I am sad at the moment’

Published

on

Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images

Real Madrid have the opportunity to make this a historic season by lifting their 15th UEFA Champions League title.

But even in the event Madrid gets their hands on the trophy, the conclusion of the season will leave a bittersweet feeling as Toni Kroos is set to depart the club.

The German midfielder was urged to continue plying his trade in the Spanish Capital for another season since his timeless quality is yet to fade away, but Kroos remained firm on his decision.

Kroos opens up about retirement

Now, reflecting on his imminent departure from the club he has played 464 games with, Kroos has opened up about how the decision came about and his thought process.

“I am sad at the moment. Something that defined me, that gave so much fun and gave me so many positive memories is coming to an end,” Kroos professed on his podcast.

Kroos plays his final home game for Real Madrid tomorrow. (Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

However, he claims there is a slight silver lining about the news becoming public, as there is no more pressure on him to constantly answer questions about his future and focus solely on finishing his career in the best way possible.

“I am happy that the news is out. It is a relief because a lot of people were speculating and I didn’t feel like answering questions about my future all the time,” Kroos claimed.

The veteran midfielder adds that retiring was never a clear-cut decision as his emotions fluctuated frequently.

“Retiring was never a 100-0 decision. The feelings swing in other directions, in the days at the end it was maybe a 80-20 or 70-30 decision. And that 30% is what makes you feel something,” he said.

Furthermore, Kroos reveals that he shared the news of his retirement to Ancelotti first and foremost, then relayed his decision to his teammates.

“I told Carlo [Ancelotti] first that I’m retiring. Then the club, then Luka [Modric], Fede [Valverde], Lucas [Vazquez]…” he exclaimed.

Continue Reading