Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid will not make a contract offer to their 26-year-old winger – report

Published

on

Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images

Speaking to Bernabeu Digital, journalist Sergio Valentin has said that Real Madrid will not make a contract offer for Marco Asensio and if the Spaniard continues at the club beyond the summer, he will be allowed to leave on a free transfer next year when his deal expires.

Asensio, 26, has become an unwanted commodity within the Real Madrid ranks. The three-time UEFA Champions League winner has fallen way down the pecking order and there is simply no way up.

As of today, Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers for the 26-year-old and while there are suitors in the market, no one has come up with an official proposal.

For now, manager Carlo Ancelotti is acting as an intermediary between the player and the team management, which is pushing him to leave in the coming days. The manager has already communicated that the defending La Liga champions won’t sign an alternative if Asensio departs.

This has made Asensio an affordable player for those looking to acquire a quick signing in the last few days of the market. Despite that, however, striking a deal with Real Madrid over a price would still be a major factor.

In any way, the 26-year-old will be a shrewd piece of business for any team. After all, he bagged 12 goals last season, finishing as the third-highest scorer for the team.

It is understood that Premier League sides Arsenal and Manchester United are considering making move, with the former tipped to be leading the charge.

As reported before, Asensio’s representatives are already on standby in London in order to speed things up. Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano also confirmed the claims that his agent has already offered him to several Premier League sides.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, the journalist said, “Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that Asensio could leave and there are options for Asensio to be looking around. Let’s see what happens but from what I’m told, his agent is offering Asensio to Premier League clubs.”

So, there remains a good chance that Asensio leaves Real Madrid this summer. But if he does not, the club will not be tabling a fresh contract offer for him and will let him leave for nothing in 2023.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Madridista4life

    August 30, 2022 at 5:36 am

    Such a stupid decision.
    Ascension and Isco are talents that Madridista will regret losing.
    If they want to get rid of players , Hazard must be on the top of the list as well as Rodrygo.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Video – Barcelona fans chant ‘Vinicius d*e’ ahead of their UCL clash

Published

on

Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images

In what is starting to become an alarmingly common occurrence, a set of Barcelona fans were spotted hurling abusive chants towards Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Jr.

Barça will be facing PSG in the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal today in less than an hour and in the lead-up to the game, a section of the Catalans’ supporters were seen chanting “Vinicius, die” on the streets.

It is not the first time this has happened, with Vinicius being constantly targeted by not only Barcelona fans but supporters of a number of other La Liga clubs.

In fact, last month, Barcelona fans were seen hurling the same chants before their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 tie against Napoli.

The same had happened outside Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Montjuic prior to the Clasico in October last year.

Moreover, this past weekend, a Mallorca fan at Son Moix directed racist abuse towards Vinicius’ Real Madrid teammate, Aurelien Tchouameni.

It is shocking and embarrassing that these incidents continue to occur. It remains to be seen if any action is taken by the concerned authorities against those involved.

Continue Reading