Jude Bellingham is one of the few Real Madrid players to arrive for pre-season from Day 1. The new signing is jubilant about training with the Merengues, and the excitement surrounding his first day is tangible.
As part of his recent interview, the midfielder confirmed that he had overcome his physical struggles and declared himself fit to get going. The injury in question is a blow to the knee he suffered late in the Bundesliga campaign that ruled him out of action for England last month.
“I’m ready to play, the knee is in perfect condition,” Bellingham said about his physical condition ahead of pre-season.
Carlo Ancelotti and Real Madrid’s medical staff, however, do not hold the same stance. According to reports from AS, the former Borussia Dortmund star must wait until July 29th to make his debut for the club as they do not wish to rush him back from injury.
While it is a big blow to the player’s desire to get his engine running, the aforementioned proposition would give Bellingham a debut in El Clasico. After all, Los Blancos take on Barcelona in Arlington, Texas on the 29th of this month in a pre-season friendly.
The new signing has already arrived at Valdebebas and has completed his medical examination to get the formal clearance. He is expected to participate in the training session later today under the joint command of Carlo Ancelotti and Raul Gonzalez along with several other first-team stars and select Castilla players.
Reports suggest that the Italian tactician is considering changing his team’s setup to a 4-3-1-2 for the upcoming season. Bellingham is expected to slot into the number 10 role in such a formation, positioned behind the two central forwards.
Needless to say, any such switch-up will depend heavily on what the prodigy shows in training in the days to come. If he managed to convince Ancelotti of his abilities as an advanced playmaker, a guaranteed place in the starting lineup would be a guarantee.
Real Madrid retain total confidence in Carlo Ancelotti despite derby disaster – report
Sunday night was a disappointing one for Real Madrid as they succumbed to a 3-1 defeat to arch-rivals Atletico Madrid in the Madrid derby at the Civitas Metropolitano.
The Merengues suffered their first defeat of the 2023/24 season as former striker Alvaro Morata scored a brace for the Rojiblancos while Antoine Griezmann was also on target.
Real Madrid might be feeling aggrieved by some of the calls made by the referee on the night but they were just not good enough to secure all three points at the Metropolitano.
Real Madrid retain full confidence in Ancelotti
Despite the disappointing performance and outcome, Real Madrid retain their full and total confidence in manager Carlo Ancelotti, reports Jose Felix Diaz (via RM4Arab).
There had been question marks about the team selection made by the manager for the derby against Atletico Madrid.
After all, the Italian opted to bench Joselu from the starting XI to bring in Luka Modric and shift the tactics.
Aurelien Tchouameni was also left out despite being one of the team’s strongest performers this season with Toni Kroos being preferred.
The Real Madrid hierarchy wishes for the manager to trust the next-gen midfield for the big games but Ancelotti’s selection indicated that he is still not ready to do so.
Despite there being some differences, the board retains full confidence in Ancelotti.
Ancelotti accepts blame for defeat
It was a disappointing performance from Real Madrid in their biggest test of the 2023/24 season so far and speaking after the match, manager Ancelotti accepted the blame for the outcome.
“Maybe I could have done it better. It’s pretty clear. When the team doesn’t do what it has to do, it’s my responsibility. It’s my fault,” Ancelotti said.
With the game done and dusted, Real Madrid now turn their focus towards producing a strong comeback when they face Las Palmas later this week.