Connect with us

Real Madrid News

RFEF fires six referees including VAR in charge of Valencia vs Real Madrid

Published

on

Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

As if the racist chants against Vincius Jr on Sunday night were not enough, his game hit rock bottom when he was sent off in the penultimate minute of the game. The youngster was involved in a tussle with Hugo Duro but for him to be punished while the other party walked with clean hands was unacceptable.

Real Madrid instantly sent an official statement to the authorities over the improper use of VAR, prompting an immediate investigation. According to reports from MARCA, the result of their enquiry could be the most significant yet.

The Spanish outlet bring to light that the RFEF (Spanish Football Federation) and the Technical Committee of Referees have reached a consensus that there was a manipulation of evidence behind the scenes that prompted Vinicius’ sending off on the night.

While intervening in the incident between Vini Jr and Hugo Duro, the VAR room sent stills of the Brazilian hitting the Valencia star. There was, however, no coverage of the period that preceded or succeeded the aforementioned incident. This manipulated the on-field referee De Burgos Bengoetxea’s decision to sanction only the Real Madrid player.

The RFEF have thus decided to dismiss Nacho Iglesias Villanueva who headed the department on the night. Along with him, five more referees will abandon their jobs next week.

This comes as big news to the Real Madrid offices for it not only improves the chances of Vinicius featuring in the final games of the season but also proves his point of occult racism and double standards.

The Brazilian’s outrage on social media has really got various bodies working round the clock to stabilise the situation. Yesterday, Valencia confirmed a lifetime ban for all supporters who chanted racist slurs against the youngster.

Earlier today, the Spanish National Police also confirmed that they arrested four people in the case related to the Real Madrid winger’s effigy being hung off the bridge prior to the Madrid derby earlier this year.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

PSV midfielder plays down Real Madrid links: “None of the rumours are true”

Published

on

By

Photo by Christian Kaspar-Bartke/Getty Images

Joey Veerman, a midfielder for PSV, recently addressed rumours connecting him to Real Madrid, asserting they are untrue. 

Reports had suggested he might replace Toni Kroos, noting similarities in their playing styles. However, Veerman himself dismissed these speculations, stating unequivocally, “None of the rumours are true,” as quoted by Diario AS.

Speaking before the Netherlands’ Euro 2024 opener against Poland, Veerman admitted feeling a mix of happiness and discomfort over the links to Real Madrid. 

While flattered by the association with such a prestigious club, he found the media attention unsettling, especially since there was no factual basis to the rumours.

“I could be happy about the fact that they put me in Madrid, but I feel uncomfortable because it is a lie. 

I get tired and uncomfortable in equal measure. Especially, because I have to constantly answer this question when there is absolutely nothing. 

I’m faced with this because someone on TV says I would fit in well there and a Spanish newspaper writes something,” he added.

Veerman is tired of false news

Joey Veerman says he will not join Real Madrid. (Photo by Stuart Franklin/Getty Images)

Veerman explained that these rumours often arise from media speculation about his potential fit at Real Madrid, despite acknowledging that he might suit their style of play. 

However, he emphasised the enormity of the club and hinted that any decision to leave PSV, where he is under contract until 2026, would depend on finding a team that values possession-oriented football.

“Maybe I would fit in there, but hey, it’s Real Madrid. When you see the players they have as starters…”

The midfielder clarified that he prefers clubs that prioritise ball retention rather than those where players constantly chase after the ball. This distinction is crucial for his style of play and his career aspirations.

“If I leave, it will be to a club that likes to have the ball. I’m not a player who stays back and chases the ball for the whole game,” he said.

While flattered by the attention from Real Madrid, Veerman remains focused on his current obligations with PSV. 

He maintains a pragmatic view about his future, prioritising clubs that align with his playing philosophy and where he can contribute effectively on the pitch. 

For now, the 25-year-old is concentrated on performing well for the Netherlands and dismissing any unfounded transfer rumours.

Continue Reading