Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Ronaldo backs Benzema to be MVP against Barcelona, says Real Madrid have advantage

Published

on

Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images

Speaking at the premiere of his documentary ‘El Fenomeno’, former Real Madrid and Barcelona striker and footballing legend Ronaldo has claimed Karim Benzema will be the most important player on the pitch during Sunday’s El Clasico.

Real Madrid play hosts to Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday afternoon with the top spot in the La Liga table on the line.

And Ronaldo, who had been on both sides of this rivalry during his illustrious career, has claimed that Real Madrid superstar Benzema will be the difference-maker on Sunday afternoon.

“I dare to say that the most important player in the game is going to be Benzema and he will celebrate it the day after with the Ballon d’Or,” Ronaldo said (h/t SPORT).

The Brazilian great then went on to add that while both teams are playing well, it will be Real Madrid who have an advantage given that they will be playing at home.

“I think Madrid, playing at home, have an advantage, but both teams are playing very, very good football,” he added.

One of the very few players to have been on either side of the Real Madrid vs Barcelona rivalry, Ronaldo also spoke about what an El Clasico means to fans and players.

“It is the biggest game in world football. I have played several and the atmosphere is incredible, from the arrival of the players to the stadium. And then the quality of the players… It’s a unique match,” he said in an interview with MARCA.

Real Madrid are currently second in the table, level on points with leaders Barcelona but behind on goal difference. Both teams go into the game on the back of draws in the UEFA Champions League in midweek and will be gunning to get all three points.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti-favourite defender will leave Real Madrid if club signs 23-year-old ace

Published

on

Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

With Kylian Mbappe’s signing now a completed objective, Real Madrid turn to what was always considered the second most critical operation of this summer – Alphonso Davies.

The Canadian full-back has been on Los Blancos’ radar for a while now, but with his contract with Bayern Munich running until 2025, his signing is seen to be a tad bit more complicated.

The Bavarians’ firm stance that they wish to persist with the speedster, needless to say, has only made the objective more complicated for Los Blancos.

No room for three

Despite Bayern Munich’s repeated advances towards Davies in recent weeks, Real Madrid are firm that they will attempt to sign the player this summer.

In light of the Canadian full-back’s possible arrival, Cadena SER reveals that Ferland Mendy will almost certainly leave Real Madrid if Davies’ signing is pulled off.

Carlo Ancelotti is clear that he has no room for three left-backs in his squad. One of Fran Garcia and Mendy must thus leave the Spanish capital in such a scenario and the Frenchman is better placed on that front.

Ferland Mendy (L) could leave Real Madrid if Davies arrives.. (Photo by Lars Baron/Getty Images)

Mendy’s current deal in Madrid runs out next year and the player has been informed that a decision over his future at the club will be taken shortly.

On track with Davies

The Spanish outlet also reveal that the Canadian speedster rejected an offer from Bayern Munich in recent hours and that his departure from the Bavarian capital is not ruled out.

Bayern Munich demand a sum of €50 million for the dynamic full-back. Real Madrid, however, have set a spending limit of €30 million for the youngster and will not exceed that sum in any scenario.

Vincent Kompany’s men thus have a critical decision to make, for allowing Davies to run down the final year on his deal may well back-fire as did the case of Kylian Mbappe with PSG.

Real Madrid, as it stands, appear to be in the driver’s seat.

Continue Reading