Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Sevilla defender talks Real Madrid links, Vinicius, Rodrygo ahead of La Liga clash: “The biggest club in Spain”

Published

on

Photo by FRANCOIS LO PRESTI/AFP via Getty Images

Sevilla’s 20-year-old full-back Juanlu Sanchez has flirted with the possibility of moving to Real Madrid by saying that the record European champions are the biggest in Spain and one of the biggest in the world.

Juanlu was linked with a move to Santiago Bernabeu throughout the January transfer window as they looked at him as the potential heir of Dani Carvajal. Back then, though, upon realising his release clause was worth €20 million, Madrid decided to end their pursuit.

Interestingly enough, Juanlu’s comments on Real Madrid have come days before his side travel to the Spanish capital to take on Los Blancos in a La Liga contest on Sunday, February 25.

“Real Madrid are the biggest club in Spain or one of the biggest. I think they have the most complete squad in the world. If some get injured, others come in and continue to be the best in the world,” said the defender on Onda Cero Sevilla (h/t Estadio Deportivo).

He added that the likes of Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo are the best players in the world right now and they will be the biggest threats on Sunday.

“Vincius Jr. and Rodrygo are, for me, one of the best players in the world and they are their biggest threat,” he said.

About the links with Real Madrid

Juanlu Sanchez was linked to Real Madrid in January. (Photo by CRISTINA QUICLER/AFP via Getty Images)

Real Madrid are expected to sign a right-back this upcoming summer and while this is something that is not on the top of their agenda, they will look to explore market opportunities if everything is in place.

As such, Juanlu’s name has been linked and while speaking about it, the 20-year-old said: “I have no record of any of that, I don’t know if my representatives [have too]. I am very happy in Sevilla. For me it is a dream to be playing here and my head is here right now”.

Lastly, he admitted that Sevilla will travel to Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday with extreme enthusiasm, adding that the clear objective would be to walk out with a win.

“We face it with enthusiasm. It is a very nice game to always play at the Bernabeu. We have clear ideas, the game we have to play and we will for the win. 

“The objective is to go to the Bernabeu on Sunday and although it is a very complicated game, we will go for the three points and next week win again,” he said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Barcelona find legal precedent to replay El Clasico after ‘ghost goal’ controversy

Published

on

Photo by JAVIER SORIANO/AFP via Getty Images

Barcelona’s recent defeat to Real Madrid in El Clasico appears to have caused calamity inside the Catalan camp.

The defeat has effectively ruled Barça out of the title race while further diminishing the chances of Xavi staying at Camp Nou.

Amid all this, Barcelona president Joan Laporta appears to be having a hard swallowing the result and has gone on a rampage against the use of VAR, which notably annulled a goal from Lamine Yamal after it was cleared from behind the line by Andriy Lunin.

A day after the result, Laporta even warned that Barcelona might seek legal measures to try and replay El Clasico if they find any evidence of wrongdoings. And that statement could now soon turn into reality.

Barcelona consider legal measures

According to Cadena SER, Barcelona are considering legal action under the guidance of none other than Laporta to force a replay.

Their inspiration? An incident earlier this year in the Belgian League, where a VAR error led to the permission for a replay of an Anderlecht vs Genk match, although the decision was later annulled by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

Joan Laporta ready to take legal measures. (Photo by JOSEP LAGO/AFP via Getty Images)

CAS is the apex body for all things related to sports. And although the entity was involved in annulling the replay between Genk and Anderlecht, Barcelona are hopeful they would intervene in this matter.

The Catalans are aware that local bodies such as RFEF and CTA might not cooperate with Barcelona, knowing the image and prestige of Spanish football could be at stake.

As such, Barça are hopeful of intervention from CAS. They want the apex court to look into the matter and stage a replay of the Clasico.

Barca’s threats of legal action, including potentially involving the CAS, seem like a desperate attempt to try and remain in the title race – the only avenue for silverware left for the Catalans this season.

Continue Reading