Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Tottenham stepped up talks to sign €45m right-back to avoid Real Madrid threat

Published

on

Photo by PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP via Getty Images

According to journalist Bruno Andrade, Tottenham Hotspur ramped up their efforts to secure the signing of Sporting CP defender Pedro Porro in order to avoid the threat of competing with Real Madrid.

Fabrizio Romano reported last night that negotiations between Tottenham and Sporting for Porro were in advanced stages and the deal was close to being completed.

The 23-year-old right-back, who has a release clause worth €45 million, is now seemingly poised to join the Premier League in the ongoing transfer window.

And, Andrade is claiming that one of the major reasons that Spurs upped the ante in their pursuit of the right-back is that they wanted to avoid direct competition with Real Madrid for his signing in the summer.

As per the journalist, Tottenham were made aware that Real Madrid will make efforts to try and sign Porro in June should he still remain at Sporting at the time.

The Merengues have been linked with a move for the Spaniard for some time now. With Dani Carvajal’s injury problems resurfacing again, Carlo Ancelotti’s side could enter the market for a new right-back in the summer.

And Porro had been touted as one of the options on the radars of the reigning champions of Spain and Europe. In fact, some reports had even suggested that the 23-year-old would be open to wait until the summer to join Real Madrid.

Tottenham, who had been working on his signing this month, thus upped their efforts further and advanced negotiations with the Portuguese club as they wanted to avoid a transfer battle with Real Madrid in the summer.

As things stand, talks between Tottenham and Sporting are very advanced and the deal is said to be very close. So, Real Madrid look likely to miss out on Porro’s services and will likely have to look at other targets to strengthen at right-back in the summer.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid teenage prodigy needs to play more, insists national team manager

Published

on

Real Madrid's Turkish midfielder #24 Arda Guler watches from the bench the UEFA Champions League group C football match between Real Madrid CF and SC Braga at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on November 8, 2023. (Photo by Thomas COEX / AFP) (Photo by THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images)
Photo by THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images

The situation with Arda Guler at Real Madrid has become tense in recent days. The Turkish phenom has not been at the receiving end of many minutes despite completing his recovery from injuries, and the player is now getting fed up with his situation.

It is, however, not just Guler who is affected by the situation. With the European Championships coming up, the 19-year-old looks likely to enter the competition with Turkey with no match fitness, and his international federation is far from happy with his situation.

Turkey manager speaks out

Speaking at the recent sponsorship event of the Turkish National Team, head coach Vincenzo Montella was asked to comment on Guler’s situation at Real Madrid.

As a former Sevilla coach and with knowledge of how La Liga works, he understood the circumstances and hoped for the player to see more minutes.

“He is playing very little, but I hope he can do it from now on because he has a lot of talent,” he said, as quoted by SPORT.

Vincenzo Montella wants Arda Guler to play more at Real Madrid. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

Montella went on to reinstate that he still maintains complete confidence in the Real Madrid star’s abilities for the upcoming tournament, despite his drought for minutes.

“We are following him very carefully. We want our players to be in their best physical condition for the European Championship.”

Exit on the cards?

Guler has played only 92 minutes all season and is now vexed by his helplessness. As revealed yesterday, he feels misguided and is unhappy with how the circumstances are currently.

The disappointed star, thus, could seek an exit, potentially on loan, from the club next summer if his situation does not improve.

But with Jude Bellingham and Brahim Diaz both on song, it does not appear like Guler’s chance in Madrid will arrive anytime soon.

Carlo Ancelotti retains faith in the Turkish star, and it remains to be seen if he looks to turn the player’s fortune around in the coming months.

Continue Reading