Amidst all the uncertainty in Real Madrid’a transfer plans at the moment, the one confirmed move appears to be that of Jude Bellingham.
Los Blancos are being forced to alter their strategy for the summer after Karim Benzema’s shocking development of leaving the club, but this will likely not hinder the English midfielder’s arrival in any way.
As things stand, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund are said to have reached an agreement over the youngster’s transfer.
Moreover, the 19-year-old and his mother almost confirmed the news of his departure from the German club with gestures of gratitude towards Dortmund after last week’s Bundesliga curtain-closer.
According to reports from Jonas Perez (h/t Madrid Xtra), the teenager’s will was the key that pioneered his move to Madrid. He even directly admitted to his entourage that he did not want to miss the rare chance to sign for the Galacticos.
“Perhaps the Real Madrid train will only come once, I want to take it,” he told his environment, as highlighted in the same report.
The midfielder’s preference has been known internally for a long time, even by other European clubs scouting him. In fact, it was for the same reason that Liverpool pulled out of the race to sign the English star.
Bellingham had economically superior offers at his doorstep from Manchester City, and to turn down the chance to return to England on a high pay scale must have tempted the protege. In the end, however, he prioritized the sporting project of Real Madrid.
In 31 Bundesliga appearances for Dortmund this season, the starlet scored eight goals and provided four assists. Further, he provided 1.1 key passes per game and created eight big chances in the German league.
Bellingham can debut for Real Madrid as early as July in the preseason. First and foremost, however, the world waits in anticipation for the official announcement of his transfer.
Real Madrid defender taken off with an injury against Las Palmas
There just does not appear to be any respite from injuries for Real Madrid.
Just when it appeared that they were close to having their full squad – barring the two long-term absentees – the Merengues have been struck down by fresh injuries this week.
Arda Guler, who was on the cusp of being named in the squad for the Las Palmas clash, injured himself in training on Tuesday.
And now, during the game against Las Palmas at the Santiago Bernabeu, Real Madrid have lost key defender David Alaba to an injury.
Close to the 40th-minute mark, Alaba went down on the ground clutching his leg and appeared to be in quite a bit of discomfort.
Soon enough, the medical staff arrived to take a look at the Austrian and seconds later he was off the pitch and straight towards the tunnel.
Lucas Vazquez came on to replace the injured Alaba, with Nacho Fernandez moving into the centre-back position alongside Antonio Rudiger.
Alaba’s injury leaves Carlo Ancelotti with just two fit centre-backs in Rudiger and Nacho, which is set to be a matter of great concern.
The hope will be that Alaba’s condition is nothing serious and that he is able to mount a quick recovery.