Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Video: Benzema’s response to Ancelotti after being taken off against Chelsea: “I’m fine”

Published

on

Photo by ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second-leg clash came at a cost of Karim Benzema’s injury.

The Frenchman, who was key to Madrid’s triumph in their 4-0 aggregate win, was taken off by manager Carlo Ancelotti in the 71st minute, replacing him with his fellow national, Aurelien Tchouameni.

As it turns out, Benzema’s substitution was not a tactical one. Instead, the star forward was taken off as a precautionary measure as he was stomped earlier in the game. “Karim had a blow, a stomp on his foot, it started to bother him at the end and we changed him,” said the manager.

Now, the extent of Benzema’s injury is still unknown but Madrid can take a huge sigh of relief knowing that the forward was actually feeling fine during the game. As captured by Movistar+, the veteran forward actually told Ancelotti that he was fine while coming off the field.

“I’m fine, I’m fine,” said the striker. To which the manager said, “Alright alright. Relax.”

Considering Benzema’s issues with injury this season, having already missed more than 10 games due to several problems, this does complicate a few things for Madrid mostly because the games will now be coming thick and fast.

Now that a place in the semi-final is secured, their focus will now move to the upcoming home league game against Celta Vigo.

Given Madrid’s position in La Liga, one might expect Ancelotti to rest his star forward as within a span of two days, they travel to Estadi Montilivi to take on Girona.

Three days after the aforementioned away game, Almeria pay a visit to Santiago Bernabeu before Real Sociedad entertain Los Blancos on May 2.

Considering the line of fixtures, the manager is rightly expected to be cautious with Benzema so that he can be ready for the Copa del Rey final against Osasuna on May 6.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Brahim, Tchouameni start in a 4-3-1-2: How Real Madrid could lineup against Sevilla

Published

on

Photo by OSCAR DEL POZO/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid are set to play hosts to Sevilla this evening, in what could prove to be a critical match in the context of the title race.

Although Los Blancos hold a formidable lead at the top of the table, the club are coming on the back of a disappointing result against Rayo Vallecano.

Dropping more points against Sevilla tonight could prove to be costly, especially with Barcelona and Girona breathing down their necks.

Potential Real Madrid lineup vs Sevilla

As Real Madrid approach this crucial game, coach Carlo Ancelotti has to make several arrangements, especially with so many players ruled out either due to injury or suspension.

Defence

Starting from the goalkeeper position, Thibaut Courtois remains out, which means Andriy Lunin should continue in between the sticks, ahead of the unhappy Kepa Arrizabalaga.

In the right-back position, Ancelotti is likely to opt for Lucas Vazquez, as Dani Carvajal is suspended after picking up two yellow cards in the last game.

On a bright note, though, Antonio Rudiger is back and should return to central defence. He will be accompanied by Nacho Fernandez at the heart of Real Madrid’s four-man backline.

Rudiger to return after a brief spell on the sidelines (Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images)

Elsewhere in defence, Ferland Mendy should continue to start ahead of Fran Garcia in the left-back position.

Midfield

Moving into midfield, Eduardo Camavinga has been ruled out due to suspension. However, Ancelotti does have a myriad of options in the middle of the park.

Aurelien Tchouameni should continue to operate in the number six position, just behind the two interior midfielders Toni Kroos and Federico Valverde.

Luka Modric is an option on the bench, should Ancelotti require more experience in the middle.

Attack

As for the attack, the Real Madrid frontline should be led by Brahim Diaz once again, even though he faces fierce competition from Joselu.

Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, on the other hand, are guaranteed choices in the wide attacking spaces, though Ancelotti does have Arda Guler and Alvaro Rodriguez as potential alternatives.

Continue Reading