Real Madrid News
Vinicius Jr is at his ‘limit’ with racist abuse in La Liga, wants to see action
After being at the receiving end of more racist abuse during the match against Valencia, Real Madrid winger Vinicius Jr is ‘fed up’ and ‘at the limit’ reports Jose Luis Sanchez. The 22-year-old speedster wants to see action taken against the culprits and quickly so.
As has shockingly become the norm in La Liga this season, Vinicius was once again targeted with racist insults by Valencia fans at the Mestalla on Sunday night.
The Brazilian international has had to face such abhorrent behaviour in several away matches this term, as he did against Atletico Madrid, Real Valladolid, and Mallorca. But, there has been little to tangible action taken by La Liga or the RFEF to curb the racist attacks.
As such, the winger hit out at La Liga and its president Javier Tebas after the Valencia encounter, demanding actions from the body instead of statements and talks.
Now, it is being reported that Vinicius is at the end of his limit and has grown fed up with all the abuse he is receiving in La Liga.
The 22-year-old has not had to face any such issues in European competitions this season and Jose Luiz Sanches states that he has been told that the winger cannot stand it any longer.
The issue has been persisting for a long time and the Real Madrid superstar now wants to see action taken against it right away.
Earlier today, manager Carlo Ancelotti spoke about Vinicius and his mental situation currently, saying: “Yes, he’s very sad. But he knows that he has the support of everyone, not just Madrid. It’s unconditional support… even rivals!”
Amid some reports that Vinicius might consider leaving Real Madrid if the situation does not change, the manager assured that it is not the case, as he said: “No, I don’t think so. Vinicius loves football and Real Madrid. His love for Real Madrid is very great and he wants to make a career in this team.”
Real Madrid News
Real Madrid winger has two future destinations on table for next season
Real Madrid set out on a mission to change the minds of Dani Ceballos, Marco Asensio and Nacho Fernandez earlier this week. After all, all three players were contemplating a departure from the club for a gross lack of minutes.
Los Blancos’ latest approach seems to have impacted Ceballos’ position in a positive fashion. However, Fabrizio Romano reveals that it has not changed Marco Asensio’s mind.
According to the Italian journalist, the Spaniard will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season as a free agent.
Of the numerous options on his table, he sees Aston Villa and PSG to be the best bets. In fact, Villa have already submitted their opening bid for the player as revealed by Fabrizio Romano once again.
After a dramatic final day of action in the Premier League, Aston Villa finished in the European spots and will participate in the UEFA Conference League next season. While a move to the English club would be a steep step down, it will see Asensio receive regular playing time.
Paris-Saint Germain, on that front, appears the more probable destination. The French club are close to losing both Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr ahead of the new season, and Asensio would thus fit in as a starting quality winger. Moreover, they offer Champions League football.
The Spaniard’s role at Real Madrid this season has not been minor by any means considering his contributions. In 30 La Liga appearances, the 27-year-old has scored nine goals and provided six assists in addition to creating nine big chances and averaging 1.4 key passes per game.
However, that does not satisfy the winger who wishes to be a starter week in and week out. His departure in June appears to be now written in stone, and the club should feel hard done to not make a penny of his move.
Many in Los Blancos’ administration see Brahim Diaz as a direct replacement for the Spanish international if he leaves. Needless to say, the AC Milan star’s future will closely depend on Asensio’s situation.