Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Vinicius Jr ‘on the edge’ after latest racism incident, but not considering Real Madrid exit

Published

on

Photo by Aitor Alcalde/Getty Images

Vinicius Jr has been visibly pushed to the edge through the course of the season with repeated incidents of racism targeted at him across the country. The Brazilian has always been a vocal advocate of eradicating the racism disease in football, but the La Liga and the Spanish football federation have taken few steps towards the steep issue.

The events at Mestalla on Sunday night appeared to be the final nail in the coffin. Vinicius, who was not only subjected to racial abuse for the better part of the game, was even sent off by the referee close to the final whistle.

This time, the winger’s feathers had been ruffled too much and he burst out on his social media with a long message directed against La Liga and Spain. As part of that tweet, he even said that he would go ‘far away’ if needed to eliminate the problem and rumours of an exit sparked.

“But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here.”

According to reports from Fabrizio Romano, Vinicius Jr is absolutely not considering an exit from Real Madrid despite the recent incident. Those close to the player say that he only wants to stay and beat racism in Spain. Moreover, a long-term deal has already been signed by the player month ago.

The report has been furthered by ESPN Brazil who maintain that the winger is ‘on the edge’ but still does not consider leaving the club.

The player has always remained completely committed to the club, and many see him in the white colours until the day he retires. Recently, his agent Frederico Pena hinted at the same, when he said:

“I would tell you right now there’s a big chance that he’s the kind of player who stays in one club and makes history there and stays there for 15-plus years.”

After all, he is one of the team’s most important players at such a young age and resonates with the fans at Santiago Bernabeu.

It is thus up to La Liga to bring in stringent measures and curb racism incidents. After all, today’s game has evolved far beyond differences of race, colour and ethnicity.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid intensify negotiations for Ligue 1 defender with Nacho on his way out

Published

on

By

Photo by SEBASTIEN SALOM-GOMIS/AFP via Getty Images

Now that Nacho is ready to join Al Qadsiah, Real Madrid have decided to ramp up their efforts to sign Lille defender Leny Yoro, reports Jose Felix Diaz via MARCA.

As reported before, Nacho has decided to end his career with the Spanish club as he has agreed to a two-year contract with Al Qadsiah in the Saudi Pro League. With Nacho leaving, Real Madrid now have a spot open in their defence and are eager to fill it with Yoro.

It is important to note that Yoro has attracted a lot of interest from other clubs. Paris Saint-Germain have been particularly active in trying to sign him, offering €60 million for the player. 

Although this offer is close to what Lille wants, Yoro isn’t interested in moving to PSG.

What Yoro is looking forward to is joining Real Madrid. While the player and Real Madrid have a verbal agreement, the deal with Lille still needs to be finalised soon.

What about the transfer fee?

Regarding the transfer fee, Real Madrid are hesitant to match PSG’s €60 million offer because Yoro has only one year left on his contract. 

Real Madrid want to close the signing of Leny Yoro. (Photo by SAMEER AL-DOUMY/AFP via Getty Images)

Initially, the club planned to wait until June 30 to begin serious negotiations. However, due to the increasing interest from clubs like PSG, Manchester United, and Liverpool, they might need to speed up the process.

With Nacho leaving, Real Madrid now has the necessary room to strengthen their defence and Yoro fits the bill. 

Madrid already have Yoro in plans

It must be noted that the club’s management, in accordance with Carlo Ancelotti, is already planning next season’s lineup of centre-backs. 

They expect Rafa Marin to leave, so the defensive lineup for coach Carlo Ancelotti is likely to include Eder Militao, Antonio Rudiger, David Alaba, and possibly Yoro if they can complete the negotiations successfully.

Real Madrid are focusing on building a strong defence for the upcoming season. They see Yoro as a valuable addition and are working hard to secure his transfer. 

The next steps involve reaching an agreement with Lille and finalizing the transfer details as soon as possible.

Continue Reading