Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Xabi Alonso has special clause to leave Bayer Leverkusen if Real Madrid make an approach

Published

on

Photo by Lars Baron/Getty Images

Xabi Alonso is slowly but surely clawing his way up the list of Europe’s most promising managers. The manner in which he has turned around Bayer Leverkusen’s fortunes is inspiring, and it is not surprising that several of Europe’s elite are in the race to sign him.

Real Madrid are one of the biggest names lined up for the manager. The management at Valdebebas maintains Alonso as the top target if Carlo Ancelotti is to leave next summer.

Alonso’s pact with Leverkusen

According to reports from BILD, Xabi Alonso has an agreement with Bayer Leverkusen to leave the club next summer.

Though he renewed with the Germans until 2026, the clause can be triggered if he receives an offer from one of his former clubs, i.e., Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or Liverpool.

It is indeed a big boost for Real Madrid to find that they are practically in a three-horse race to sign their dream candidate.

The problem, however, is that both Liverpool and Bayern Munich are also said to be interested in Alonso’s services.

Alonso mum about Real Madrid links

The Bayern Leverkusen manager was asked about a possible move to Real Madrid next season but refused to spill any beans.

“Coach Madrid? It’s September, it’s early days. I’m staying focused. We have started the season well, we want all the players to be focused. That’s why I have to be the first,” he said, remaining single-minded on the objectives in Germany.

Alonso’s side currently sit atop the Bundesliga standings with 19 points in seven games. They are two points clear of both Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, and it does not take an expert to decipher why he is in so much demand.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti considering playing a makeshift centre-back pairing for Real Madrid against Valencia – report

Published

on

Photo by DESIREE MARTIN/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid will take on Valencia on Saturday, looking to maintain their solid lead at the top of the league table.

The Spanish giants are leading the standing with a six-point lead over Girona. A win against Valencia could help them solidify their position at the top while potentially opening up an opportunity to extend the lead to more than six points.

Heading into this game, though, Carlo Ancelotti is facing multiple setbacks, especially in the defensive unit, with Eder Militao, David Alaba and Thibaut Courtois still missing due to injuries.

This will once again put pressure on Ancelotti, as far as the team selection is concerned.

Rudiger & Tchouameni to partner at centre-back vs Valencia

Fortunately for the Real Madrid coach, much of his experimentations this season have worked, including Aurelien Tchouameni’s supreme performances at centre-back.

With that in mind, Diario AS reports Ancelotti is considering playing a makeshift central defensive pair against Valencia, comprising Antonio Rudiger and Tchouameni.

Ancelotti to go with a makeshift central defensive pairing vs Valencia (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

This is not the first time the young Frenchman will have to accompany Rudiger at centre-back. He did so earlier in the year when Real Madrid took on RCD Mallorca.

Interestingly, Real Madrid were able to retain a clean sheet, with Rudiger scoring the winning goal, in a narrow 1-0 victory.

What are Ancelotti’s other options?

Ancelotti will be hoping for a similar outcome this time around. However, it must be noted that the Italian will be boosted by the return of Dani Carvajal from suspension.

The veteran Spaniard can be an option at centre-back. But given the way how Tchouameni has impressed onlookers with his performances at centre-back, there is very little reason why he shouldn’t continue in the position.

Tchouameni has even been compared to Javier Mascherano by former Spanish coach Roberto Moreno.

Other than Carvajal, though, Nacho Fernandez is another option for Ancelotti. But the veteran defender is suffering with discomfort and Ancelotti has no plans to risk it.

Continue Reading