It is not surprising that players of Real Madrid Castilla find themselves recipients to lucrative offers from across the globe. The youngsters of Real Madrid put up strong performances week after week last season and made their way to the doorstep of promotion to the Segunda division.
In the end, their hopes crashed in the final step. Nevertheless, their performances did not go unnoticed and most players of the team are now on their way to the next big step in their careers.
One such young talent is Sergio Arribas. The Real Madrid Castilla star was one of the highest-rated players of his crop, but Los Blancos are forced to sell him considering the ruthless competition in midfield.
According to reports from journalist Rodra, Bayer Leverkusen are now entering the race to sign Arribas. Their manager and Real Madrid legend Xabi Alonso is a big fan of the youngster’s capabilities and sees him as a natural fit for the German setup.
Contacts between the Bundesliga side and Arribas’ entourage have already begun, and the coming week will be critical on that front. After all, the 21-year-old has multiple proposals on his table.
Girona, Real Betis and Sevilla are some of the teams from La Liga said to be interested in acquiring his services. However, the biggest hurdle on the negotiations front is Real Madrid’s stance on the player. The Merengues demand €10 million for just 50% of Arribas’ rights.
Considering that Alonso is one of the best-placed candidates to take over at Santiago Bernabeu next season, a move to Bayer Leverkusen could be an interesting formula for the Castilla star to leave a lasting impression on the upcoming Real Madrid coach. In theory, it could engineer a return to the club of his dreams in the years to come.
Real Madrid goalscorer played with a dislocated shoulder against Las Palmas
Journalist Arancha Rodriguez has claimed that Real Madrid forward Brahim Diaz played the Las Palmas game with a dislocation in his right shoulder, which actually happened last Sunday during the derby match against Atletico Madrid.
The news was later confirmed by the forward’s father, Sufiel Abdekalder, who told The Athletic, “Yes [he had dislocated shoulder], but we didn’t want it to be public. Our 100% focus was on the match.”
The former AC Milan loanee started his first game of the season and it was his goal that marked the beginning of Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over Las Palmas.
The 24-year-old was later replaced in the 57th minute but by then, the Los Blancos had already established a two-goal lead.
“I’m so proud, you can’t describe the feeling, it’s something unique. I can only thank the fans because I’ve had an incredible welcome. I’m very happy to be here and play for this badge,” the forward said after the game.
Special outing for Diaz
The Las Palmas game was the first time that Diaz started a game for Real Madrid.
The versatile attacking midfielder found himself among the five alterations made by Carlo Ancelotti following the disheartening derby performance against Atletico Madrid last Sunday, a game where Diaz was only introduced in the 70th minute.
The 24-year-old seized the opportunity with both hands, scoring the opening goal in what was a comfortable outing for the team.
Given the competition at hand, Diaz has been forced to settle for substitute appearances this season but fans have witnessed his unwavering dedication during this time.
The love he received from the Madrid supporters was shown when he was substituted during the second half.
While it is unlikely that his run in the first-team will continue, especially since Vinicius Jr. has now returned, the 24-year-old must continue to keep his head on the ground and work towards achieving the common goal this season.