Real Madrid News
Real Madrid eye two youngsters for the 2022/23 season – report
Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo represent the exact path Real Madrid wish to tread towards their future. The Brazilian duo joined the club at a tender age and found themselves in a drought for minutes initially.
Despite not having the best of starts to their careers in white, both the players persevered and fought through their worst. Now, they are a vital part of Carlo Ancelotti’s plans and seem to have secured their place in the squad.
The same path is hoped for Eduardo Camavinga and other youngsters in the team. Florentino Perez wishes for this to be the basis for the club’s long-term project, and is hence looking out for young talents with a high ceiling.
According to reports from Fichajes, Real Madrid have identified two players who satisfy the above criteria.
The first player is Enzo Fernandez. The 21-year-old is an undisputed starter for Gallardo’s River Plate and is also making a name for himself in the Argentine National Team.
Playing as an attacking midfielder, he has four goals and three assists in 11 games so far. He is currently valued at €6.5, a budget figure in today’s market.
The second player on the list is Domilson Cordeiro dos Santos or more widely known as, Dodo. The Shakhtar Donetsk player has proved to be defensive stable, yet creative and dynamic in the attack for his team at right-back.
At just 23 years of age, Dodo offers longevity and can be a contender to replace Dani Carvajal in the coming seasons.
Stats via Transfermarkt
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.