Real Madrid News
Real Madrid have placed an inquiry for 20-year-old Chelsea forward – report
Karim Benzema was one of Real Madrid’s biggest difference makers last season, stepping up time and time again to pull his team out of the waters.
The French international is now 34 years old, however, and cannot carry the forward line on his shoulders for long. It is not surprising that Los Blancos are beginning to get serious in their pursuit of a young striker.
According to reports from Nizaar Kinsella of Standard Sport, Real Madrid have contacted Chelsea over a potential transfer for Armando Broja.
The Spanish club are looking to offload several forwards and hope to add young strikers to their squad for the coming season. Broja is seen as an ideal option given his promising record on loan at Southhampton last year.
The 20-year-old participated in 32 league games for the English side last season and scored six goals. In addition, he scored two goals in the EFL Cup and a goal in the FA Cup.
At the moment, Carlo Ancelotti has Mariano Diaz and Borja Mayoral at his disposal as options to replace Benzema. However, the former does not have the required level to play for Real Madrid and the latter is expected to join Getafe very soon.
Everton, Newcastle and West Ham have all been linked with a move for the youngster, but it is unsurprisingly Real Madrid that catches the eye. Yet, it is Broja’s relative inexperience at the top-flight that makes his potential signing a risk.
As it stands, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel expects the player to stay. Nevertheless, one could expect the situation to turn around dramatically once Los Blancos officially step into the race.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.