Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti likely to rest key Real Madrid duo against Elche – report

Published

on

Photo by OSCAR DEL POZO CANAS/AFP via Getty Images

Amidst the upcoming fixture congestion, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is expected to make several changes to the team that will take the field against Elche on October 19. 

To begin with, Spanish publication MARCA says given that Eduardo Camavinga needs minutes in his tank, the young Frenchman could feature in place of either Toni Kroos, Luka Modric or Aurelien Tchouameni, with the Croatian international most likely the one to be rested.

Furthermore, the attacking trio may see a similar change. Federico Valverde has emerged as a key performer for Real Madrid this season and has played very regularly. The Uruguayan could use a rest, especially considering the nature of the opposition.

In his place, Rodrygo Goes or even Marco Asensio could get a run-out at Estadio Manuel Martinez Valero later tonight, lining up alongside Vinicius Jr and Ballon d’Or winner Karim Benzema.

Meanwhile, the away game against Elche will see Ancelotti missing some players, the first and foremost being Thibaut Courtois. The goalkeeper, who began training with the rest of the squad, has been left home by his manager to achieve better match fitness.

This means Andriy Lunin will retain his place while the likes of Nacho and Antonio Rudiger may return to the starting XI against the Franjiverde team.

Apart from Courtois, Mariano Diaz and Dani Ceballos are also missing for Real Madrid. The former observed some discomfort in his foot due to a blow in the training on Monday while the latter continues to work inside the facilities in order to recover from his muscular injury.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid may look to sell 24-year-old star if top target arrives in the summer – report

Published

on

Photo by Maja Hitij/Getty Images

Real Madrid are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to assemble an even stronger squad for the upcoming campaign.

Kylian Mbappe and Alphonso Davies are the club’s top targets in that regard, for the two new signings will be regular starters and bonafide difference makers on the field for Los Blancos.

The latter, in particular, arrives to reinforce a position where none of Carlo Ancelotti’s current options are convincing. Fran Garcia and Ferland Mendy have both had their hiccups at the left-back position for Real Madrid, leaving the position open for Davies to take over.

A potential departure

As revealed by MARCA, Davies’ arrival next season will jeopardise Garcia’s importance in the team for the Canadian will be the manager’s first choice by a mile.

Moreover, Ancelotti is said to be in favour of renewing Mendy, implying that Garcia will practically be his third choice.

Come summer, Garcia could thus be sold if the club receive an offer that they can make money off. Considering that they shelled out €5 million last summer for his incorporation, any offer north of that mark could do the job.

A top target for Real Madrid. (Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

In 18 appearances and 11 starts in La Liga this season, the 24-year-old has provided four assists for Los Blancos. Interestingly, he has started just one of Real Madrid’s last six games across all competitions.

Agreement complete

As revealed earlier this week, Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement with Alphonso Davies. An agreement with Bayern Munich over a transfer fee could be a difficult proposition, however.

As such, it is unclear if Los Blancos will make the move for Davies this summer at a subsidised fee or wait until next year when the player will be a free agent.

Garcia’s future, needless to say, depends on their plan of action on the Davies front.

Continue Reading