Back in 2019, when Eden Hazard joined Real Madrid from Chelsea, the Belgian wing-wizard was at the top of the game and had termed the move as his ‘dream’ transfer. However, three years into the stint, it would be safe that it has been more of a nightmare than a dream.
Since his arrival at the Santiago Bernabeu, Hazard has endured never-ending fitness woes which have ensured that he has never been able to showcase what made him one of the best wingers in the game during his time at Chelsea.
The 31-year-old is firmly out of favour under manager Carlo Ancelotti and now Tomas Gonzalez-Martin is reporting that Real Madrid have informed Hazard to find a new club after the FIFA World Cup as they wish to get rid of him.
Hazard has hardly featured this season for Los Blancos, with the trio of Mariano Diaz, Jesus Vallejo and Alvaro Odriozola being the only stars to have played fewer minutes than the Belgian international.
After winning the UEFA Champions League last season, Hazard insisted that this was going to be his best year at Real Madrid. But that has hardly been the case as he has spent time warming the benches or out on the treatment tables.
The Merengues had asked him to find a club to leave on loan in the summer, but the ex-Chelsea superstar had refused to do so. However, having grown tired of waiting for him to deliver Real Madrid want to part ways with him at the earliest possible.
With a gross yearly salary of €27 million, he is the highest-earning member of the squad and the club do not want to keep paying such a huge sum for him to keep warming the bench.
To that end, Hazard has been told to find a club soon after the World Cup so that he can either leave on loan or a permanent transfer, although the latter option will be difficult due to his massive wages.
Atletico striker hoping Bellingham has an off day during derby: “He is at a great level”
Speaking to DAZN (h/t Mundo Deportivo), Atletico Madrid forward Alvaro Morata admitted that Real Madrid midfield superstar Jude Bellingham is performing at a great level.
Real Madrid take on Atletico in La Liga on Sunday in the Madrid derby at the Civitas Metropolitano and without a doubt, Bellingham will pose a huge threat for the Rojiblancos.
Alvaro Morata hopes Bellingham as a quiet outing
Ahead of the blockbuster encounter on Sunday, Morata, who is Atletico’s main striker, admitted that Bellingham has great quality.
“I saw him last year in a few games, the truth is that he caught my attention. I saw him in his team and in his national team, and talking to people who had played with him, teammates he has, you could already see that he was a great player,” he said.
However, the former Real Madrid striker added that he hoped that the England international has an off day during the derby.
“The truth is that he is at a great level, we can only hope that he doesn’t do well and that we also have very good players to counteract that. We hope he doesn’t have a good day on Sunday,” Morata stated.
Bellingham fit and ready to go
Bellingham has been the in-form player for Real Madrid this season with six goals and an assist in six matches across all competitions.
So, naturally, there were concerns when he did not complete the training sessions on Friday due to stomach issues.