Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Villarreal confirm they will not file complaint against Valverde, decision up to Baena

Published

on

Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images

After the incident last night between Federico Valverde and Alex Baena, Villarreal have issued an official statement (h/t MARCA) confirming that they will not be filing a complaint against the Real Madrid midfielder.

However, they also state that if Baena decides to proceed with a complaint, they will support the midfielder, who is supposedly very disturbed by what went down.

“Villarreal CF SUPPORTS and WILL SUPPORT Baena in this situation and will respect the decision he takes as an AFFECTED PARTY, whether he decides to denounce Valverde or not. The club will NOT denounce Real Madrid in this matter,” the statement read.

“Baena is affected both by the aggression and by what is said about the alleged motive for the aggression, which he claims (as he says in his statement) is FALSE. Baena was (and is) unaware of Valverde’s family situation and ‘would never mess with something like this’ with another footballer.”

The incident occurred after Real Madrid’s 2-3 defeat to Villarreal on Saturday night at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Valverde went after Baena after the match in the car park area and punched the midfielder in his face.

Soon after, reports emerged that the Uruguayan international had lost his cool owing to some incendiary comments made by the Villarreal star over his wife’s pregnancy complications.

Baena had allegedly made disgusting remarks towards Valverde’s wife’s condition back in January during the Copa del Rey meeting between both teams. And it is said that the Villarreal star once again said something about the same in last night’s game which upset Valverde.

There was no mention of the incident in the referee’s official match report as it occurred after the game and outside the pitch. So unless Villarreal or Baena file a complaint or the national police file a report themselves, there will unlikely be any sanctions against the Real Madrid star.

If the complaint is filed, the midfielder could face a sanction of at least four matches which could further increase based on the sanction proposal made by the Anti-Violence Commission.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Video – Barcelona fans chant ‘Vinicius d*e’ ahead of their UCL clash

Published

on

Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images

In what is starting to become an alarmingly common occurrence, a set of Barcelona fans were spotted hurling abusive chants towards Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Jr.

Barça will be facing PSG in the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal today in less than an hour and in the lead-up to the game, a section of the Catalans’ supporters were seen chanting “Vinicius, die” on the streets.

It is not the first time this has happened, with Vinicius being constantly targeted by not only Barcelona fans but supporters of a number of other La Liga clubs.

In fact, last month, Barcelona fans were seen hurling the same chants before their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 tie against Napoli.

The same had happened outside Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Montjuic prior to the Clasico in October last year.

Moreover, this past weekend, a Mallorca fan at Son Moix directed racist abuse towards Vinicius’ Real Madrid teammate, Aurelien Tchouameni.

It is shocking and embarrassing that these incidents continue to occur. It remains to be seen if any action is taken by the concerned authorities against those involved.

Continue Reading